Archaeology is the study of objects people made, used, and left behind.
Join us for a hands-on exploration of the field of archaeology–including a meet-and-greet and activities facilitated by Rochester’s Society of the Archaeological Institute of America.
Scroll to explore the line-up of events!*
Get hands-on with:
- Scavenger Hunt: Participated in a self-guided scavenger hunt around the Museum & Science Center
- Sensory Digs: Use tools of the trade to uncover little treasures in our sensory archaeology dig bins!
- And more!
- Meet-and-greet Activities: Meet members of the local chapter of the Archaeological Institute for America (AIA). Get hands-on and learn about the work of AIA.
- Myth or Mastodon?: Head to Expedition Earth to learn about the relationship between humans and mastodons, as well as the difference between a mastodon and a mammoth!
- Tool-making Demonstrations: Learn how historical tools were made from stone.
- And more!
DID YOU KNOW? DIGGING UP DINOSAURS ISN’T considered ARCHAEOLOGY.
The digging, record-making, and study of dinosaurs is called paleontology.
*Presenter schedule subject to change.