Strasenburgh Planetarium > Shows & Events
HOST YOUR OWN PRIVATE PLANETARIUM SHOW!
When you explore the universe during a Planetarium show it can sometimes feel like you’re the only one in the room. Interested in turning that feeling into a reality? Well, now you can!
Our new private Planetarium shows will give you and your small group the chance to enjoy an exclusive experience at the Strasenburgh Planetarium. You choose what day and time works best for your family!
Guests can choose from any of the Star Shows, Featured Presentations, and Laser Shows in the current menu of offerings for a private viewing.
TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATION, CALL 585.271.4320 OR EMAIL US AT INFO@RMSC.ORG.
MAKING A RESERVATION
Reservations are available Tuesday through Sunday during the day. Reservations must be made 3 weeks in advance of your desired show date.
Before making a reservation, keep in mind that:
- Maximum capacity per private show is 90 people.*
- No food or beverages are allowed.
- Your show will start promptly at the time you requested, so make sure you arrive a few minutes early to be seated.
- Once the show starts, the building is locked and there is no late seating. We must run on time to safely keep our public schedule for the rest of the day.
- Payment in full is required at time of booking.
- Custom projections (birthday messages, holiday greetings, etc.) are available for an additional fee of $50.
- Your custom message can be up to 15 words of text. Please email us the text two business days before your event.
*Capacity may be affected by State and County guidelines in effect on the day of the event.
Question: What if I have to cancel my private show?
Answer: Your payment is non-refundable if you choose to cancel your private show. If the RMSC has to cancel your show due to building maintenance or per government regulations, you will receive a refund.
Question: What if I want to reschedule my show?
Answer: If you need to reschedule your private show, your initial payment is non-refundable and non-transferable. If you want to schedule a new date for your private showing, you will need to make an additional payment.