Tickets are non-refundable.
Your ticket includes admission to the RMSC Museum & Science Center + the Strasenburgh Planetarium.
Members receive free admission to the festival!
Pre-registration is required. Members must call 585.271.4320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve their admission.
group rate info
ROC the Eclipse Group Reservations
Festival group rates are available for groups over 20! All group ticket requests must be made by March 28, 2024 and will not be available for purchase the day of the event. To purchase group rate tickets, please fill out the form below. – The group rate is $15 per person for groups of 20 or more people. – Non-refundable payment in full is due at the time of reservation. – Group rate applies to one-day passes only. There is no 3-day pass group rate.
"*" indicates required fields
Purchase your tickets now!
After dark: Galactic Getdown
+ Silent Disco
Things to Do
We’ll have something for everyone all three days of the festival. Check out what’s coming up:
- Planetarium shows throughout each day
- Live stage entertainment lineups
- Electricity Theater (Singing Tesla Coils) shows, sponsored by GreenSpark Solar
- Activities and programs in our Lab spaces
- Outdoor telescopes and solar viewing safety
- Science on a Sphere programs
- Post Eclipse concert with rising country sensation, Dylan Marlowe on Monday, April 8th right after totality at 3:30pm!
- And much more!
Preview our guest groups:
Meet with groups & organizations from the community for hands-on activities to learn more about the science behind eclipses!
- Amateur Radio Emergency Service and Rochester Amateur Radio Association
- Crafts for Learning
- The 501st Legion, Rebel Legion & Droid Builders Clubs
- RIT House of General Science
- Empire Space
- Backyard Lunar Lander
- RIT Launch Initiative
- Monkeying Around – Greatest Dot-to-Dot Books – he has space-themed books
- University of Rochester Department of Physics & Astronomy
- Monroe Community College Optical Systems Technology
- Joe Wilson Science Consultant Program
- Backyard Lander
- Kaleidoscope Enrichment
- RIT Space Exploration Club
- FIRST Robotics Team 1511, Rolling Thunder
- Bivona Child Advocacy Center
- Jess DeCotis Homes of Howard Hanna
- WXXI Public Media
- Cornell Astronomical Society
- LeafFilter Gutter Protection
- GreenSpark Solar
- Brooklyn Robot Foundry Rochester
- Rochester Birding Association
- Center for Matter at Atomic Pressures
- Great Lakes Gaming
- Cornell Astronomical Society
- MARS Rocketry Club
- University of Rochester Institute of Optics
meet our FEATURED speakers:
Dr. Phil Plait has given public talks about astronomy and science education at educational institutions, universities, and community events throughout the US.
His lively and humorous events have, in the past, included balancing eggs on stage and screening clips from blockbuster movies to point out particularly terrible science.
Plait, known as the ‘Bad Astronomer’ online because of his penchant for calling out misinformation, earned his doctorate in astronomy at the University of Virginia, and worked on the Hubble Space Telescope as a NASA contractor at the Goddard Space Flight Center. He is the author of the books ‘Under Alien Skies: A Sightseer’s Guide to the Universe’, ‘Bad Astronomy’, and ‘Death From The Skies’, and writes the thrice-weekly ‘Bad Astronomy’ newsletter that keeps subscribers apprised of the latest sky news. He was the head science writer for “Bill Nye Saves the World” on Netflix in 2017. He wrote and hosted “Crash Course Astronomy”, a 46-part educational web series that has over 70 million views.
Cate Larsen, B.S. Geology, is a geo-communicator utilizing the connective power of the internet to bring geology education to the masses. She is known on TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube as the Groovy Geologist. Across multiple platforms, she shares funny videos with trending themes, informative posts about geologic concepts (and misconceptions), and immersive videos explaining and showing real-world examples while out in the field.
More speakers to be announced soon! Look forward to a headliner speaker each day + talks at stages throughout the entirety of the weekend event.
THANK YOU TO OUR sponsors
ELECTRICITY THEATER & haNDS ON
ECLIPSE FIELD TRIPS
ECLIPSE 2024! SHOW
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact Jen Gallo, Event Coordinator, at email@example.com.