WHAT: Dinosaurs have taken over the RMSC Museum & Science Center’s galleries, and Spring Break, April 18-24, will be no exception. The Museum & Science Center is hosting Dino Fest during the school break in celebration of the final month of its featured exhibit, Expedition: Dinosaur, which closes on May 1, 2022.
“This has been such an exciting exhibit run. We’ve seen people of all ages fascinated by these prehistoric creatures,” said Kevin McNally, Coordinator of Adult & Public Programs at RMSC. “We’re hoping to channel all of the excitement from the past few months into this week of programming.”
During Dino Fest, attendees can explore the exhibit while enjoying fun, dinosaur-themed activities, such as:
- Make Your Own Fossil Footprints: Ever wondered how fossils are formed? Discover fossil origins and what they tell us about how dinosaurs behaved millions of years ago– you can even create your very own fossilized dino footprint to take home.
- Live Animal Meet & Greets: Get an up-close look at some of the unique animals that live in the Museum & Science Center Inquiry Room.
- Dress Like A Dinosaur: Cut, paste, and craft your very own dinosaur headband and tail and stomp around the RMSC as your favorite dinosaur.
- Walk Like A Dinosaur: Follow in the footsteps of your favorite dinosaurs. By studying the fossil footprints of these extinct creatures, paleontologists have learned how dinosaurs roamed the Earth. Let out a roar and run, walk or even hop along the same path as Theropods and Ceratopsian dinos!
- Observation Window Into Collections: Take a peek behind-the-scenes into our Collections Conservation Lab. On Monday and Friday from 11-2pm, you can walk down to the ground-level of the Museum & Science Center and look through a window to observe our collections staff and interns as they work with a variety of historic objects.
Visitors can also extend their Spring Break experience at the RMSC by catching a show at the RMSC Strasenburgh Planetarium, or taking a day-trip to the RMSC Cumming Nature Center in Naples, NY.
For more information, go to rmsc.org/springbreak
WHO IS THIS FOR:
This event is open to the general public and kid-friendly. Families are encouraged to attend.
WHERE IS IT HELD:
The RMSC Museum & Science Center
657 East Avenue
Rochester NY, 14607
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
This event is included with general admission to the Museum & Science Center. RMSC Members get in for free, tickets range from $18-20. Discounts are always available and more information can be found at RMSC.org/visit