WHAT: The RMSC’s Museum, Planetarium, and Cumming Nature Center will have a number of fun activities available for families during February School Break. Some highlights include:
- The Changemakers Scavenger Hunt: Explore the RMSC Museum’s limited-time exhibit, The Changemakers: Rochester Women Who Changed the World, and become inspired by the catalysts for change within our community. On your scavenger hunt, you’ll learn some interesting facts while answering questions about our featured Changemakers.
- Up-Close Science Encounters and Pop-Up Demos: Learn about physics, chemistry, nanotechnology, and everything in between! Science Encounters take place throughout our exhibit galleries on our mobile cart and are accessible to children and adults of all ages.
- Limited-time offering: NASA’s Mars Rover live presentation: Come to the RMSC Strasenburgh Planetarium to prepare for the Perseverance Mars Rover mission in a series of special 45-minute live presentations through landing week. The Rover arrives at Mars on February 18 to begin a two-year mission searching for signs of past life. Using our Digistar visualization system, we’ll take a tour of the canyons, craters, and volcanoes of Mars, homing in on Jezero Crater, the chosen landing site. Visitors who attend the 2:30pm show on Thursday, February 18, will be invited to stay and watch live NASA coverage of the landing, which is expected at about 3:30pm.
- NordicFest – Saturday, February 13: Embrace the best of winter by visiting Cumming Nature Center for NordicFest! Join us as we celebrate winter sport and raise funds for the Genesee Valley Nordic Ski Patrol, who tirelessly patrol our trails all year round. We will provide a host of family-friendly outdoor activities, with snacks and hot drinks available for purchase.
- Winter Sport Rentals and Outdoor Activities: The trails at Cumming Nature Center are prepped and ready for you and your family to enjoy. Ski and Snowshoe rentals are available, and ski lessons are available daily. There will also be new themed activities available every day, including animal illustration workshops and guided snow hikes.
To see more details about the many activities available during February Break, go to RMSC.org/feb-break
Activities will be available for people of all ages.
During February School Break: February 13-21
Shows at the Strasenburgh Planetarium are available throughout the week. See showtimes.
RMSC Museum and Planetarium
657 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607
RMSC Cumming Nature
6472 Gulick Road
Naples, NY 14512