FLX Fermentation Fest celebrates the science and flavors of fermentation. The festival will invite attendees to develop their fermentation skills and learn about food and drink from regional fermenters with family-friendly activities and workshops.
Fermentation educator and writer Soirée–Leone will be leading workshops throughout the weekend, and offering the keynote lecture “How We Eat and Fermentation” on Saturday.
On Saturday, August 12, attendees can look forward to:
- 10am–4pm: Fermentation Vendors
- 10am–4pm: (Family activities) Culture Petting Zoo | Make-Your-Own-Microbe | Science Experiments | Bacteria Photo Booth
- 10am–2pm: Kraut Mob (bring your own jar to take sauerkraut home!)
- 10am: (Workshops) Pick Apart a Pickle | Food, Ferments & Gut Health | Sourdough 101
- 11am: Nature is Good for Your Gut: A Wellness Hike
- 11am: (Workshops) Fermentation & Food Waste | Plant-Based Cheeses
- Noon: (Workshops) Japanese Ferments through Diverse Cultures | Switchels & Shrubs
- 1pm: (Workshops) Beginning Homebrewing | Fermenting with Kids | Sourcing Fermentation Starters & Cultures
- 1pm: (Family activity) Fermenting with Kids: An Interactive Workshop for Families
- 2pm: (Family activity) Sourdough Storytime & Starter Making Activity
- 2pm: (Workshops) Fermentation & Seed-Saving | Troubleshooting Sourdough | Fermented Condiments
- 3pm: Keynote Lecture, Soirée–Leone ”How We Eat and Fermentation”
Sunday, August 13, offers the exciting opportunity of two in-depth workshops. These workshops will be hands-on intensives exploring more advanced fermentation techniques. Registration in advance is required, space is limited. There will be no general admission activities available on Sunday.
Saturday, August 12, 2023 from 10am–4pm | FLX Fermentation Festival
Sunday, August 13, 2023 from 9–11am | Workshop: Infinite Fermentation
Sunday, August 13, 2023 from noon–4pm | Workshop: Intro to Cheesemaking
This event welcomes visitors of all ages on Saturday. This is a great event for anyone brand new to fermentation OR advanced learners wanting to gain new skills!
The intensive workshops on Sunday are geared toward an adult audience.
HOW TO ATTEND:
Tickets can be purchased online in advance or in-person.
Visit rmsc.org/events/flx-fermentation-fest/ for more details and to get tickets.
RMSC Cumming Nature Center
6472 Gulick Road
Naples, NY, 14512