*Photo/video opportunity of community members getting hands-on with science activities
WHAT: Community members conduct experiments in engineering, chemistry and more as they join RMSC staff, local scientists and local organizations to explore hands-on activities. In addition, guests meet live animals, learn how to help protect the environment and spark their curiosity while taking apart household electronics to peek inside. Return daily for different presenters. In addition, the Carlson Inquiry Room, an area of RMSC not typically accessible to the public, will be open from 11am to 3pm. Visitors will be able to experience a variety of live animals, including snakes, lizards and a frogs, as well as create a sailboat to sail in a regatta in the room.
WHO: Experts among community from:
- American Society of Civil Engineers: Thursday, Dec. 29–Friday, Dec. 30
- Cornell Cooperative Extension: Friday, Dec. 30
- Decoding DNA: From Genes to Proteins (University of Rochester Students): Thursday, Dec. 29 and Friday, Dec. 30
- Greyhound Adoption of Greater Rochester: Dec. 26, 28 and 30
- NY Life Child ID Event: Monday, Dec. 26–Friday, Dec. 30
- The Rochester Academy of Science Astronomy Section: Wednesday, Dec. 28
- The Rochester Academy of Science Fossil Section: Tuesday, Dec. 27-Wednesday, Dec. 28
- Rochester DX Association (RDXA) & Rochester Amateur Radio Association (RARA): Monday, Dec. 26–Thursday, Dec. 29
- Society of Plastics Engineers: Wednesday, Dec. 28
- Strawberry DNA: Monday, Dec. 26 and Friday, Dec. 30
- Tutor Doctor: Tuesday, Dec. 27 and Thursday, Dec. 29
- Water Education Collaborative (WEC): Monday, Dec. 26–Friday, Dec. 30 (except Dec. 28)
- Wildlife Defenders: Daily shows at 12:30 and 2:30pm
WHEN: Monday, December 26 to Friday, December 30: 11am to 3pm
WHERE: Rochester Museum & Science Center
657 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14607
ADMISSION: Free with regular museum admission: $14 adults, $13 seniors and college students with ID, $12 ages 3 to 18, free for children under 3 and RMSC members. Admission to the Elements of the Extreme exhibition is also free with regular museum admission.
Rochester Museum & Science Center (RMSC) includes the Science Museum, Strasenburgh Planetarium and Cumming Nature Center. Offering experiences at the Museum with more than 200 interactive exhibits, Planetarium with a 65-foot dome and Nature Center on 900 acres, the RMSC stimulates community interest in exploration. In addition, the more than 1.2 million RMSC collection items tell the story of Rochester’s past including its rich history of innovation and invention. RMSC receives major funding from Monroe County, where it is one of the top three most visited attractions serving children and families. For more information about RMSC, visit www.rmsc.org. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.