ROCHESTER, NY—Holy superpowers, After Dark-ers! Community members 21-and-older are invited to grab their cape and fly on over to the Rochester Museum & Science Center (RMSC) for the next RMSC After Dark – Superhero Soirée. The epic superhero science party featuring out-of-this world entertainment takes place from 7pm through 11pm on Friday, June 2 at the Museum, Strasenburgh Planetarium and outdoors.
Guests power their way through the transformed campus to:
- Engage with ROC ComicCon
- Be mesmerized with a Planetarium laser show
- Experience musical lightning in Electricity Theater and Earth as it stands today in Science On a Sphere
- Meet hometown heroes from the Rochester Fire Department and tour a fire truck
- Make their own cape, shield and mask
- Dance to music by a live DJ
- Geek out with our very own “Dr. U” and his comic book collection
- Learn about latest superhero-like technologies Rochester researchers are working to discovery and understand
- Check out the Rochester Lego User Group (RLUG) super creations
- Test out gecko glue and hang with Rocco our New Caledonian Crested Gecko
- Discover the super adaptations of exotic live animals from the Wildlife RockStars
- Enjoy cash bars and food trucks – Le Petit Poutine, Roc City Sammich and Chef’s Mobile Kitchen – throughout the evening
- The more spandex, the merrier – costumes encouraged!
The RMSC hosts several RMSC After Dark adult events throughout the year. Most events feature sold-out crowds. The theme of each event changes and activities are designed based on the science and history associated with the theme. Past themes include Forces of Nature, Speakeasy, Totally 80s, Monster Bash, Geek Chic Prom and several others. Costumes are always encouraged.
Tickets: $13 General Public, $10 RMSC members, $15 Day Of. Tickets Limited. Pre-purchasing tickets is strongly encouraged as past events have sold out. Visit www.rmsc.org or call 585.697.1942. There are 50 VIP tickets available for $30, which include one-hour early access, drink tasting, snacks, private live animal show and a complimentary T-shirt provided by CrazyDog T-Shirts. Must be 21 or older to attend. Must have proof of ID at the door.
Sponsors: TommyRotter Distillery, Arlene’s Costumes, SunCommon
Special Thanks: CrazyDog T-Shirts
For high-resolution images and additional information, contact Amanda Bayer, Marketing Communications Manager, RMSC at 585.697.1962 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rochester Museum & Science Center (RMSC) includes the Science Museum, Strasenburgh Planetarium and Cumming Nature Center. Offering experiences at the Museum with more than 200 interactive exhibits, Planetarium with a 65-foot dome and Nature Center on 900 acres, the RMSC stimulates community interest in exploration. In addition, the more than 1.2 million RMSC collection items tell the story of Rochester’s past including its rich history of innovation and invention. RMSC receives major funding from Monroe County, where it is one of the top three most visited attractions serving children and families. For more information about RMSC, visit www.rmsc.org. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.