ROCHESTER, NY— Let the games begin! Community members 21 and older are invited to warm up for the winter games at the Rochester Museum & Science Center (RMSC) at the next RMSC After Dark: Night of Champions. This celebration of brain and brawn is Saturday, Feb. 3, 2018, from 7–11 p.m.
Guests will enjoy snacks, cash bars, and medal-winning activities:
- Compete with your friends in Olympic trivia, sjoelen (Dutch Shuffleboard), and Frogger
- Meet local Olympians and community organizations including the Rochester Curling Club and the Rochester Red Wings
- Craft and crown yourself with your own laurel wreath
- Sport the style of champions from togas to track suits (Please Note: pair your toga with a tunic or other clothing underneath)
- Explore all three floors of the museum including limited-time exhibition Genome: Unlocking Life’s Code
- Experience musical lightning that would impress even Olympic god Zeus in Electricity Theater
- Learn about the strengths and skills of animals during Wildlife Rockstars presentations
- Immerse yourself in the winter spirit with fake snow and other science demos throughout the evening
The RMSC hosts several After Dark adult events throughout the year, most to sold-out crowds. The theme of each event changes and activities are designed based on the science and history associated with the theme. Past themes include Carnival of Curiosity, Superhero Soireé, Forces of Nature, Speakeasy, Totally 80s, Monster Bash, and Geek Chic Prom. Costumes are always encouraged.
Guests must be 21 or older to attend RMSC After Dark: Night of Champions, and must show proof of age at the door. Tickets are $18 general admission; $17 for RMSC Members. Tickets are limited, and pre-purchasing is strongly encouraged as past events have sold out. Visit RMSC.org or call 585.697.1942. In addition, 50 VIP tickets are available for $40 per ticket; VIP tickets include one-hour early access, snacks, a private Electricity Theater show, and a complimentary T-shirt provided by CrazyDog T-Shirts.
For additional information and high-resolution images of past events, contact Mare Millow, Marketing Communications Manager, RMSC, 585.697.1944, email@example.com.
Rochester Museum & Science Center (RMSC) includes the Science Museum, Strasenburgh Planetarium and Cumming Nature Center. Offering experiences at the Museum with more than 200 interactive exhibits, Planetarium with a 65-foot dome and Nature Center on 900 acres, the RMSC stimulates community interest in exploration. In addition, the more than 1.2 million RMSC collection items tell the story of Rochester’s past including its rich history of innovation and invention. RMSC receives major funding from Monroe County, where it is one of the top three most visited attractions serving children and families. For more information about RMSC, visit RMSC.org. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.