ROCHESTER, NY— Summer camp needn’t be just a good childhood memory. Return to the world of campfire songs, tie-dye shirts, and team games at the Rochester Museum & Science Center’s (RMSC) Camp After Dark, where visitors age 21+ can relive all the fun of summer camp—but just for adults. Pack your curiosity and head to the RMSC on Saturday, Aug. 18, 2018, from 7–11 p.m.
Camp After Dark attendees will enjoy full Museum access as they:
- Get in the camping spirit with L.L. Bean demos
- Compete with other campers in a Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament
- Challenge a friend to a fencing match and meet Iris Zimmerman, U.S. Women’s Foil Team Olympian in 2000 and current co-owner of Rochester Fencing Club
- Play pick-up games of volleyball on the lawn
- Craft camp memories as they make their own glow-in-the-dark boondoggle
- Sway along to the acoustic melodies of guitarist Alphonso Williams
- Tie-dye their own camp shirt
- Climb to the Strasenburgh Planetarium roof to stargaze and check out Rochester’s sky through telescopes with the Astronomy Section of the Rochester Academy of Science
- Take on a paper airplane challenge and try string painting with Rochester Maker Faire
- Sample the spirits of TommyRotter Distillery
- Explore shows and activities in the Science Museum and across the outdoor campus
- Enjoy food trucks and cash bars
- And more!
The RMSC hosts several After Dark adult events throughout the year, most to sold-out crowds. The theme of each event changes and activities are designed based on the theme.
RMSC After Dark sponsors are Genesee Brewing, beer sponsor, and Yelp Rochester, check-in sponsor, with special thanks to Crazy Dog T-Shirts.
Guests must be 21 or older to attend RMSC After Dark: Camp After Dark, and must show proof of age at the door. Tickets are $18 general admission; $15 for RMSC Members. Tickets are limited, and pre-purchasing is strongly encouraged as past events have sold out. Visit RMSC.org or call 585.697.1942. In addition, 75 VIP tickets are available for $35 per ticket; VIP tickets include one-hour early access (6pm), a t-shirt to tie-dye, and liquid nitrogen ice cream.
For high-resolution images and additional information, contact Mare Millow, Marketing Communications Manager, RMSC, 585.697.1944, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit RMSC.org/press-news.
Rochester Museum & Science Center (RMSC) includes the Science Museum, Strasenburgh Planetarium and Cumming Nature Center. Offering experiences at the Museum with more than 200 interactive exhibits, Planetarium with a 65-foot dome and Nature Center on 900 acres, the RMSC stimulates community interest in exploration. In addition, the more than 1.2 million RMSC collection items tell the story of Rochester’s past and present, including its rich history of innovation and invention. RMSC receives major funding from Monroe County, where it is one of the top three most visited attractions serving children and families. For more information about RMSC, visit RMSC.org. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.