ROCHESTER, NY—Guests are invited to unmask their skills during RMSC After Dark: Makers Masquerade, the next 21-and-older event at the Rochester Museum & Science Center (RMSC). An evening of mystery and makery takes place from 7pm through 11pm on Friday, May 13. Makers Masquerade is the tenth RMSC After Dark event.
Among dancing, building and good company, guests find their own secret excitement in addition to exploring the 200 interactive exhibits on all three floors of the Museum. Guests also have the opportunity to:
- Make their own masquerade mask and duct tape flowers.
- Tackle the cardboard challenge, take apart old electronics and observe our 3-D printer in action.
- Whirl to music by DJ Saul and learn to ballroom dance with local instructor Maureen Hickey.
- Discover inventions from the RMSC collection vaults including the bizarre 1940s “slenderizing” ring roller reducer, local vintage cameras, microscopes and other unique items.
- Experience science in action with Rochester Arc & Flame and in Electricity Theater.
- Enjoy cash bars featuring the beverages of Bell’s Brewery, Inc.
- Delight in food from RMSC’s new 3rd ROC Café, sweets by Pudgy Girl Bakery and the flavors of Chef’s Mobile Kitchen and Smokin’ Pete’s American BBQ food trucks—all available for purchase.
- Get a sneak peek at the next big exhibition opening this fall at the RMSC.
The RMSC hosts several RMSC After Dark adult events throughout the year. After Makers Masquerade, RMSC will host Intergalactic, which takes place on Friday, July 22. Attendance nearly doubled between the first and second events and the past five events featured sold-out crowds. The theme of each event changes and activities are designed based on the science and history associated with the theme. Past themes include Totally 80s, Monster Bash, Lights Out, Geek Chic Prom, Prehistoric Party, The Science of Sound, Carnival of Curiosity, Sci-Fi and Repeal: A Prohibition Era Event. Costumes are always encouraged.
Tickets: $13 General Public, $10 RMSC Members, $15 Day Of. Tickets Limited. Pre-purchasing tickets is strongly encouraged as past events have sold out. There are 50 VIP tickets available, which include one hour early entry, a private beer, wine and spirits tasting, a Science On a Sphere show, liquid nitrogen ice cream, an event t-shirt provided by CrazyDog T-Shirts and a pint glass. Must be 21 or older to attend. Must have proof of ID at the door.
RMSC After Dark events are sponsored by City Newspaper. The check-in sponsor is Yelp Rochester. Official Beer Sponsor: Bell’s Brewery, Inc. Contributing Sponsors: William Grant & Sons and Dr. Frank Wines.
For high-resolution images and additional information, contact Amanda Bayer, Marketing Communications Manager, RMSC at 585.697.1962 or email@example.com.
Rochester Museum & Science Center (RMSC) includes the Science Museum, Strasenburgh Planetarium and Cumming Nature Center. Offering experiences at the Museum with more than 200 interactive exhibits, Planetarium with a 65-foot dome and Nature Center on 900 acres, the RMSC stimulates community interest in exploration. In addition, the more than 1.2 million RMSC collection items tell the story of Rochester’s past including its rich history of innovation and invention. RMSC receives major funding from Monroe County, where it is one of the top three most visited attractions serving children and families. For more information about RMSC, visit www.rmsc.org. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.