ROCHESTER, NY— Experience the RMSC after hours like never before at an evening full of all-ages family fun at Rochester Museum & Science Center’s (RMSC) Family Fun Night: Spooky Sweet Tooth Science on Friday, Oct. 25, 2019, from 5:30–9 p.m. RMSC Family Fun Nights (formerly RMSC Almost Overnights) end right before bedtime, and pajamas are welcome!
A spoonful of C12H22O11 helps the science go down! Just in time for Halloween, join us for a fun-filled, all-ages evening that will be light on the tricks and heavy on the treats, with two tasty workshops and after hours Science Museum exploration. Plus, come in costume and join the Halloween Parade at 6 p.m.
RMSC Family Fun Night: Spooky Sweet Tooth Science admission includes:
- Two tasty hands-on workshops facilitated by museum educators:
- Candy Chemistry:Learn about molecule structure using gumdrops to create a molecule good enough to eat, dive into acid and base chemistry by making a gummy worm dance, and explore solubility with floating letters on their favorite candies
- Chocolate Factory:Experiment with all things chocolate as you make and take home chocolate slime (non-edible!), play with some scent-sational chocolate dough, and explore density by testing whether different candy bars sink or swim
- Access to the entire museum, including the new SciFiTechexhibition
- An Inventor Center challenge, Powering Mars, where visitors will be tasked with building solar/wind energy for a Martian Landscape
- A costume parade through the entire Science Museum with trick-or-treat stops along the way
- Crafting stations to make masks and monsters and decorate re-usable “trick-or-treating bags”
- The chance to learn how bats find their prey and play the “Bat vs. Moth” game
- Science Encounters throughout the museum with ongoing experiments
- A meet and greet with our “spooky animals” in the Carlson Inquiry Room
- Donuts, cider, and other snacks
- And more!
Tickets to RMSC Family Fun Night: Spooky Sweet Tooth Science are $25 per person general admission and $20 per person for RMSC Members. Pre-registration is strongly encouraged. Visit RMSC.org or call 585.697.1942.
For additional information contact Mare Millow, Marketing Communications Manager, RMSC, 585.697.1944, email@example.com.
Rochester Museum & Science Center (RMSC) includes the Science Museum, Strasenburgh Planetarium and Cumming Nature Center. Offering experiences at the Museum with more than 200 interactive exhibits, Planetarium with a 65-foot dome and Nature Center on 900 acres, the RMSC stimulates community interest in exploration. In addition, the more than 1.2 million RMSC collection items tell the story of Rochester’s past and present, including its rich history of innovation and invention. RMSC receives major funding from Monroe County, where it is one of the top three most visited attractions serving children and families. For more information about RMSC, visit RMSC.org. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.